Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com> on 2006/02/28 10:23:12 UTC

possible bug specifying modules within (local.)build.properties

Hi

It seems to me there is a bug re specifying single modules within
(local.)build.properties

If one specifies it as follows:

  modules.root.dirs=src/modules

then it works,  but

modules.root.dirs=src/modules/jcr

won't work at least re copying of Java classes.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: possible bug specifying modules within (local.)build.properties

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Jonathan Addison wrote:

> Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>
>> Oliver Schalch wrote:

>>> I can confirm that, but it is because it looks into the given folder if
>>> there are "modules folders", in your case it would go look into
>>> src/modules/jcr and dont find a module folder because it does already
>>> point to it.
>>> I guess that is why its name is "modules.ROOT.dirs"...
>>

>> No, it should work the same way as it does for publications.
>> No idea why copying the Java code fails ...
>> The corresponding line is init-build.xml:115
>>
>> <copyJavaSources pubsrootdirs="${modules.root.dirs}" javadir="java/src"
>>   builddir="${build.java.src}" />
>>
>> -- Andreas
>>
> I also experienced this issue last week.  The copyDir method works if
> there is a publication.xml, but for modules it always uses
> copyContentOfDir like Oli said.
>
> From CopyTask.java
> if (new File(pubsRootDir, "publication.xml").isFile()) {
>    CopyJavaSourcesTask.copyDir(new File(pubsRootDir), new
> File(this.toDir.toString()),
>        twoTuple, filter, this);
> } else {
>         // FIXME: Look for publications defined by the file
> "publication.xml"
>            CopyJavaSourcesTask.copyContentOfDir(new File(pubsRootDir),
>                    new File(this.toDir.toString()), twoTuple, filter,
> this);
> }
>
> -- Jon

Thanks for the pointer. I have fixed it and added a README.txt

Please note that in order to work it needs a file "module.xml" (similar
to publication.xml) in order
to recognize that this is a module and not just an arbitrary directory.

If one specifies the parent dir (e.g. modules) then this file is not
needed, but I would suggest that
we make it mandatory.

Michi

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Jonathan Addison wrote:

> Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>
>> Oliver Schalch wrote:

>>> I can confirm that, but it is because it looks into the given folder if
>>> there are "modules folders", in your case it would go look into
>>> src/modules/jcr and dont find a module folder because it does already
>>> point to it.
>>> I guess that is why its name is "modules.ROOT.dirs"...
>>

>> No, it should work the same way as it does for publications.
>> No idea why copying the Java code fails ...
>> The corresponding line is init-build.xml:115
>>
>> <copyJavaSources pubsrootdirs="${modules.root.dirs}" javadir="java/src"
>>   builddir="${build.java.src}" />
>>
>> -- Andreas
>>
> I also experienced this issue last week.  The copyDir method works if
> there is a publication.xml, but for modules it always uses
> copyContentOfDir like Oli said.
>
> From CopyTask.java
> if (new File(pubsRootDir, "publication.xml").isFile()) {
>    CopyJavaSourcesTask.copyDir(new File(pubsRootDir), new
> File(this.toDir.toString()),
>        twoTuple, filter, this);

else if (new File(modulesRootDir, "module.xml").is File()) {

should to the trick.

Let me check ... whereas it would make the file module.xml mandatory,
but how else to find out/detect if a directory is a module or a
publication ...

Thanks

Michi

Posted by Jonathan Addison <jo...@wyona.com>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> Oliver Schalch wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 10:23:12 +0100
>> Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> It seems to me there is a bug re specifying single modules within
>>> (local.)build.properties
>>>
>>> If one specifies it as follows:
>>>
>>>   modules.root.dirs=src/modules
>>>
>>> then it works,  but
>>>
>>> modules.root.dirs=src/modules/jcr
>>>
>>> won't work at least re copying of Java classes.
>>>
>>> Can anyone confirm this?
>>

>> I can confirm that, but it is because it looks into the given folder if
>> there are "modules folders", in your case it would go look into
>> src/modules/jcr and dont find a module folder because it does already
>> point to it.
>> I guess that is why its name is "modules.ROOT.dirs"...
>

> No, it should work the same way as it does for publications.
> No idea why copying the Java code fails ...
> The corresponding line is init-build.xml:115
>
> <copyJavaSources pubsrootdirs="${modules.root.dirs}" javadir="java/src"
>   builddir="${build.java.src}" />
>
> -- Andreas

I also experienced this issue last week.  The copyDir method works if
there is a publication.xml, but for modules it always uses
copyContentOfDir like Oli said.

 From CopyTask.java
if (new File(pubsRootDir, "publication.xml").isFile()) {
    CopyJavaSourcesTask.copyDir(new File(pubsRootDir), new
File(this.toDir.toString()),
        twoTuple, filter, this);
} else {
         // FIXME: Look for publications defined by the file
"publication.xml"
            CopyJavaSourcesTask.copyContentOfDir(new File(pubsRootDir),
                    new File(this.toDir.toString()), twoTuple, filter,
this);
}

-- Jon

--
Jonathan Addison                                 jon<at>wyona.com

Re: possible bug specifying modules within (local.)build.properties

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.

andreas.hartmann@wyona.com                     andreas@apache.org

Re: possible bug specifying modules within (local.)build.properties

Posted by Oliver Schalch <ol...@wyona.com>.
On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 10:23:12 +0100
Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> It seems to me there is a bug re specifying single modules within
> (local.)build.properties
>
> If one specifies it as follows:
>
>   modules.root.dirs=src/modules
>
> then it works,  but
>
> modules.root.dirs=src/modules/jcr
>
> won't work at least re copying of Java classes.
>
> Can anyone confirm this?

I can confirm that, but it is because it looks into the given folder if
there are "modules folders", in your case it would go look into
src/modules/jcr and dont find a module folder because it does already
point to it.
I guess that is why its name is "modules.ROOT.dirs"...

Oliver