Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by "Raja.Aravapalli" <Ra...@target.com> on 2015/07/18 19:33:45 UTC

oozie unable to find class "org.apache.hive.hcatalog.data.JsonSerDe"

Hi

Can someone pls help me fix this issue I am facing with oozie:

My hive action failing with the error

Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class org.apache.hive.hcatalog.data.JsonSerDe not found

Same hive query working fine on Hive CLI.

What hive query does:

Hive query reads data from an external table which points to json data , which is created using the below specification while table is created :

ROW FORMAT SERDE 'org.apache.hive.hcatalog.data.JsonSerDe'

This class comes from hive-hcatalog-core.jar

Repective jar is present in oozie share lib as well as I added it using "oozie.libpath". Still the oozie workflow is failing with class not found error!!

Can someone please share your support to fix this...

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Raja.

RE: oozie unable to find class "org.apache.hive.hcatalog.data.JsonSerDe"

Posted by Oussama Chougna <ou...@hotmail.com>.
Hello,
Try to set:
oozie.use.system.libpath=true