Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Christophe JAILLET <ch...@wanadoo.fr> on 2018/08/21 19:24:09 UTC

Re: Special characters in password for mod_dbd

Hi,

I have no idea why so many separators have been allowed.
I googled a bit yesterday, and didn't find anything useful. Most other
mysql connectors I've found only use ';'.

But it is documented this way since a long time in APR.

Removing some separators could break some existing configuration. So,
IMHO, it is unlikely to be accepted.
We maybe should have some way to escape some characters to be allowed
these delimiters to be used as "normal" characters.

CJ