Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by rdennett <rd...@austin.rr.com> on 2008/09/09 03:53:25 UTC

Updating maven from within eclipse

I encountered an issue with building my project when I added a @Property
annotation to one of my classes.  I found a post advising me to upgrade the
properties/tapestry-release-version to 5.0.14 and do a maven update, but I
was unclear as to how to do that from within eclipse.  Is it a matter of
configuring an external tools maven configuration?  If so, I am not sure how
to do that.

Thanks for your help,
Rob

RE: Updating maven from within eclipse

Posted by Jonathan Barker <jo...@gmail.com>.
Wow.  Lots of changes since 5.0.6.

For starters, at 5.0.12, the root package for Tapestry code changed to
org.apache.tapestry5.

Take a look at:

http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/upgrade.html

I mix m2eclipse and command-line maven.  I find m2eclipse handy for
on-the-fly additions, but I fall back to manually editing the pom and
running maven for anything complicated.

Jonathan

Posted by Jonathan Barker <jo...@gmail.com>.
Following up on my previous post, there was a thread back around 5/21 where
HLS gave the following tip for updating the package names:

Posted by rdennett <rd...@austin.rr.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Barker <jo...@gmail.com>.
I'll add to that...

Posted by Toby Hobson <to...@googlemail.com>.