Posted to phoenix-dev@avalon.apache.org by Huw Roberts <Hu...@mmlive.com> on 2002/06/02 00:11:22 UTC

Making HelloWorldDemo manageable

I couldn't find an example of an application that exported blocks for
management so I made a couple of changes so that the HelloWorld demo message
can be modified via a management interface.

Here are the changes:

Added the section for <management-access-points> to
jakarta-avalon-phoenix/src/java/org/apache/avalon/phoenix/tools/xdoclet/bloc
kinfo.j so they are included in the xinfo file

Created a new class called
jakarta-avalon-apps/demo/src/java/org/apache/avalon/apps/demos/helloworldser
ver/HelloWorldServerMBean that exports the setGreeting() method

Modified
apps/demo/src/java/org/apache/avalon/apps/demos/helloworldserver/HelloWorldS
erverImpl to implement the management interface and added the doclet tag.

I think i will look into doing the same with the FTP Server to see what a
more realistic example might look like.

Re: Making HelloWorldDemo manageable

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Sun, 2 Jun 2002 08:11, Huw Roberts wrote:
> I couldn't find an example of an application that exported blocks for
> management so I made a couple of changes so that the HelloWorld demo
> message can be modified via a management interface.

Fantastic. I applied the changes with one modification. Instead of
@phoenix:management-access-point (which is probably too much typing) I used
the tag name @phoenix:mx

> I think i will look into doing the same with the FTP Server to see what a
> more realistic example might look like.

Great - love to hear how it goes ;)

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
Einstein argued that there must be simplified explanations of nature, because
God is not capricious or arbitrary.  No such faith comforts the software
engineer.
- Fred Brooks, Jr.