Posted to wss4j-dev@ws.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/14 12:46:32 UTC

UsernameToken with Signature, user name must be keystore alias

Hello, using WSS4J with CXF, the former is apparently requiring, when signing
the SOAP request, that the alias in the keystore of the SOAP client be the
same as the username given in the usernametoken.  So if my username is
"glen", the alias must be "glen" and, not, say, "glenmazza".  I guess that
rule kind of makes sense, but, just curious, is that rule just a WSS4J
convention or is WSS4J following a specification of some sort in requiring
it?

Thanks,
Glen