Posted to user@kylin.apache.org by Sonny Heer <so...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/19 22:49:29 UTC

Create Intermediate Flat Hive Table slow

Kylin users,

We use hive views to feed kylin.  This worked fine until we added more
tables to the hive join.  Now Kylin never finishes from Step#1.  I
understand a really large view will take time, but which properties should
I look at in order to provide more resources for this step?

Re: Create Intermediate Flat Hive Table slow

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi Sonny,

You can check this doc firstly:
https://kylin.apache.org/docs20/howto/howto_optimize_build.html

I don't think it can help much, you may need take a deep dive in Hive's
optimization, there are many good articles, like:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/LanguageManual+Joins
https://www.qubole.com/blog/big-data/hive-best-practices/

Hope it can help.

> Kylin users,
>
> We use hive views to feed kylin.  This worked fine until we added more
> tables to the hive join.  Now Kylin never finishes from Step#1.  I
> understand a really large view will take time, but which properties should
> I look at in order to provide more resources for this step?

Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋