Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Peter <ji...@zeus.net.au> on 2017/06/23 11:50:36 UTC

Maven Build

This is what a Maven Build looks like:

https://travis-ci.org/pfirmstone/JGDMS/builds/246158857?utm_source=email&utm_medium=notification

All modules are also OSGi bundles, no split packages, no circular
dependencies.

Yeah even phoenix is still there, no longer dependant on the Sun JVM
implementation, can run on any JVM now and uses JERI Endpoints by default.

The only remaining component that is Sun JVM implementation dependant is
the JERI Kerberos provider.

There's even a compatibility library for Jini 2.1, so people can upgrade
and migrate their code on their time schedule.

All the old ways of using Jini are still supported, such as
classdepandjar, preferred classloading, but now Maven and OSGi are much
better supported too.

Oh yeah, security has been addressed, deserialization with input
validation, the latest TLSv1.2 cyphers, IPv6 Global discovery
announcement etc.

Oh and anyone can build it now, with a simple one line argument.  The
build also includes CVE security checks.

These are the features that were so hard to get acceptance for, but as
it turns out, you don't need to break backward compatibility in order to
achieve it.

This is how I'd like River to be, of course if the community wants
something else, then I'll support whatever the community decides.

Regards,

Peter.

Re: Maven Build

Posted by Peter <ji...@zeus.net.au>.
Thanks Dennis,

I've created an issue for the Gradle build:

https://github.com/pfirmstone/JGDMS/issues/16

Regards,

Peter.

Re: Maven Build

Posted by Dennis Reedy <de...@gmail.com>.
Peter,

Re: Maven Build

Posted by Rupinder Singh <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

As a ph.d scholar, I happened to check out Sorcer with gradle recently.
It's cool,  smart, fast.

The idea of proposing Mike soblewski's name here crossed my mind just today
morning or yesterday,  and lo, he's already there! All the best!

Regards
Rupinder

Re: Maven Build

Posted by Peter <ji...@zeus.net.au>.

Re: Maven Build

Posted by Peter <ji...@zeus.net.au>.
Welcome aboard!

I've been wanting to test Sorcer against JGDMS to see if any
compatiblity issues pop up too.

Regards,

Peter.

Re: Maven Build

Posted by Michael Sobolewski <so...@sorcersoft.org>.
Hi Peter,

Re: Maven Build

Posted by Peter <ji...@zeus.net.au>.
Fork yeah!

Show me, fork it and send me a pull request.

I haven't tried Gradle yet.

Re: Maven Build

Posted by Dennis Reedy <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Peter,