Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org> on 2010/07/29 16:56:51 UTC

Plan for 3.0-beta-2?

What is the plan to release the next beta? The open issues have pretty much
quieted down and the remaining three don't have recent activity. Is the
Release Manager planning to resolve these in Beta 2 or push them to Beta 3?

Paul

Re: Plan for 3.0-beta-2?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@sonatype.com>.
On Jul 29, 2010, at 11:04 AM, Paul Benedict wrote:

> Jason and all,
>
> Would you be interested in extra help by me being a backup release manager?

No, we're fine thanks. We like doing the releases so we stay intimately acquainted with the tools. It's pretty much automated at this point anyway.

> I don't have the time this month, but I could do it sometime later this
> year. If you have instructions on the web, I can follow those. I already do
> this for Struts so I am not green on the Apache procedures.
>
> Paul
>
> On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 10:00 AM, Jason van Zyl <ja...@sonatype.com> wrote:
>
>> Next week-ish.
>>
>> On Jul 29, 2010, at 10:56 AM, Paul Benedict wrote:
>>
>>> What is the plan to release the next beta? The open issues have pretty
>> much
>>> quieted down and the remaining three don't have recent activity. Is the
>>> Release Manager planning to resolve these in Beta 2 or push them to Beta
>> 3?
>>>
>>> Paul
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jason

>> Jason van Zyl
>> Founder,  Apache Maven
>> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
>>
>> the course of true love never did run smooth ...
>>
>> -- Shakespeare

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in.
No one is fanatically shouting that the sun is going to rise tomorrow.
They know it is going to rise tomorrow. When people are fanatically
dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of
dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or
goals are in doubt.

  -- Robert Pirzig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Re: Plan for 3.0-beta-2?

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
Jason and all,

Re: Plan for 3.0-beta-2?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@sonatype.com>.
I don't know what Kristian is doing with weave mode, but the logging will most likely be fixed by the use of Guice, and Benjamin can answer you about the IT.

On Jul 29, 2010, at 5:58 PM, Paul Benedict wrote:

> But what about the remaining 3 issues? Are they going into the next release
> or being pushed off?
>
> On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 10:00 AM, Jason van Zyl <ja...@sonatype.com> wrote:
>
>> Next week-ish.
>>
>> On Jul 29, 2010, at 10:56 AM, Paul Benedict wrote:
>>
>>> What is the plan to release the next beta? The open issues have pretty
>> much
>>> quieted down and the remaining three don't have recent activity. Is the
>>> Release Manager planning to resolve these in Beta 2 or push them to Beta
>> 3?
>>>
>>> Paul
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jason

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

believe nothing, no matter where you read it,
or who has said it,
not even if i have said it,
unless it agrees with your own reason
and your own common sense.