Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Ro...@ipaustralia.gov.au on 2011/02/15 01:25:35 UTC

Dont want to index the content of my documents [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Hi

All the search criteria I require are declared as properties of my node
type.  Indexing the content is unnecessary, and rebuilding the indexes
when they appear corrupted must take longer.

I have read the wiki page about indexing_configuration.xml, if it is badly
configured I get an error but after rebuilding the indexes I can still
find based on file content.

I added this:
 <index-rule nodeType="jcr:content">

  </index-rule>

thinking all the jcr:content properties would be excluded, but that doesnt
seem to have made any difference.

Thanks

Ross.

AW: Dont want to index the content of my documents [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Posted by "Cech. Ulrich" <Ul...@aeb.de>.
Hi Ross,

This config should work:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration xmlns:nt="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/nt/1.0">
  <!-- index nothing for nt:resources -->
  <index-rule nodeType="nt:resource">
    <property>DONOFULLTEXTINDEXING</property>
  </index-rule>
</configuration>

Ulrich

Re: Dont want to index the content of my documents [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Posted by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk>.
On 15 Feb 2011, at 07:53, Alexander Klimetschek wrote:

> On 15.02.11 01:25, "Ross.Dyson@ipaustralia.gov.au"
> <Ro...@ipaustralia.gov.au> wrote:
>> <index-rule nodeType="jcr:content">
>
> jcr:content is not a node type.

IIRC you need nt:resource or perhaps nt:file

HTH
Ian

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@adobe.com>.