Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Frederick N. Brier" <fb...@multideck.com> on 2007/07/14 21:52:06 UTC

Same jar, different version

I am learning AppFuse and Maven2 at the same time.  Things are going
well, but I have a number of .jar(s) included in the target .war's
WEB-INF/lib that are the same, but different versions.  There are
currently 4.

commons-digester-1.7.jar
commons-digester-1.8.jar

commons-lang-2.0.jar
commons-lang-2.3.jar

commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
commons-logging-1.1.jar

struts2-spring-plugin-2.0.6.jar
struts2-spring-plugin-2.0.8.jar

Why might this occur?  If it is a bug, what is the workaround.  I saw
<configuration><warpathExcludes> elements within a <plugin> element and
was wondering whether if I found the place where the files were getting
included, I could issue an exclude.

Right now, I am manually deleting the duplicate .jars out of the .war.
Otherwise, a deployment error is generated at startup because the
struts-default.xml cannot be found.  Thank you for you help.

Fred

Re: Same jar, different version

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,