Posted to general@logging.apache.org by Paul Smith <ps...@aconex.com> on 2005/11/07 23:13:35 UTC

[OT]: Now hiring at Aconex

Apologise if this is completely outside the scope, but Aconex is
after some more good people..  I've already posted this to
jobs@apache.org, but in an effort to reach a wider audience, perhaps
someone knows someone who might be interested in this?

Aconex (http://www.aconex.com) is expanding!!

As a result of continued growth in our business, Aconex is looking to
expand our technical development and operations areas with a number of
appointments.  Technically, our environment comprises multiple
highly-available clusters running Java, Tomcat, SQL databases and NAS
on Linux and Windows platforms.  This is a prime opportunity for
world-class individuals to join a dynamic team delivering innovation
in web-based services.

All positions are full-time, and located in Melbourne (Australia, not
Florida).

Senior Software Developers (two positions)
Experienced developers, possibly with team-leader or solution
architect experience and extensive experience in the software
development life-cycle, having been involved in real world, large
scale and mission-critical applications with production deployments.
Minimum 5 years’ commercial development experience (web-based
experience a plus).  Successful applicants will have demonstrable
proficiency in several of the programming languages and tools chains
used at Aconex (Java, C++, Eclipse, CVS, etc).

Senior Systems Administrator
Responsible for the maintenance and deployment of production systems.
Requires solid experience of at least 5 years in administering
mission-critical systems (especially Linux, DBMS servers, networking
and user management). Aconex provides a 24x7 service to its Australian
and International customers, and as such the Senior Systems
Administrator will be rostered for some after hours systems support.

Systems Administrator
Responsible for providing IT support to all Aconex staff worldwide and
assisting with management of production systems. A solid knowledge of
Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 2000 and Linux is required. Aconex
provides a 24x7 service to its Australian and International customers,
and as such the Junior Systems Administrator may be rostered for some
after hours systems support.

Software Developer
Position well suited to a highly motivated individual, perhaps a
recent graduate, to assist the development team in a wide range of
tasks including application development, screen design, and automated
test management.  Knowledge of modern web technologies such as
Javascript, CSS, Ajax and related DBMS interface services would be a
distinct advantage.

Aconex offers an outstanding online information management service and
collaboration solution for the construction, property and facilities
management industries.

For further information, including job descriptions and required skill
sets, please contact:

	Dr. Ken McDonell, (03) 9661 0200 or mail to jobs@aconex.com

Electronic applications should be sent to jobs@aconex.com and arrive
no later than Friday November 25, 2005.