Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dário Luís Coneglian Oliveros <ol...@cpqd.com.br> on 2007/05/29 19:57:17 UTC

[m2] best way to have an offline internal repository

Hi there,

I've been reading several threads about having an offline internal repository and I wonder if there's any maven plugin or tool that can help on this matter as of now. I've heard of a repository builder, but could not find much information about it.FYI I use Proximity as my proxy/proactive mirror.
Basically I want to create a package that encompasses a maven project and its repo so any user who uses it can build this project offline. Any suggestions ?

Any help is appreciated.

Dário Oliveros

Re: [m2] best way to have an offline internal repository

Posted by Henry Isidro <hi...@exist.com>.
Dário Luís Coneglian Oliveros wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've been reading several threads about having an offline internal repository and I wonder if there's any maven plugin or tool that can help on this matter as of now. I've heard of a repository builder, but could not find much information about it.FYI I use Proximity as my proxy/proactive mirror.
> Basically I want to create a package that encompasses a maven project and its repo so any user who uses it can build this project offline. Any suggestions ?
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Dário Oliveros

I'm not sure if this would help but the assembly plugin could package a
repository into a zip. You could try checking it out.

HTH,
Henry

Re: [m2] best way to have an offline internal repository

Posted by Tamás Cservenák <t....@gmail.com>.
Ha Dario,

Proximity is able to work in "offline" mode, and offer only it's cache
content. So:

0. prepare "remote" repo content for proximity (collect artifacts you
need for your build)
1. place proximity into "offline" mode and give it the prepared remote
repo content
2. fire it up locally
3. redirect all reposes from m2 to local proximity (m2 settings.xml)

These steps could be handled by your local package...

The step 0. is easily implemted: erase local repo and erase proximity
content and build agains proximity ONLINE. At the end of the build,
you will end up with remote repo with the needed content, ready to
package and redistribute.

~t~