Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Max Grigoriev <da...@mail.ru> on 2003/09/16 19:23:53 UTC

Tapestry and Resin

Hello tapestry-user,

  Couple week i was in troubles with very slow working of tapestry
  under Resin 2.0.4

  Today i tried to run my app under  Tomcat 4.1.27 and it's a miracle.
  Now my app is working faster about 3-5 times.

  Doesn't you think it's very stange?

--
Best regards,
 Max                          mailto:darkit@mail.ru

Re[2]: Tapestry and Resin

Posted by Max Grigoriev <da...@mail.ru>.
I was working with Jetty and i don't like it very much.
I think i'll use tomcat.

  But tapestry is working strange under resin. When i come to page at
first, it's loading about 1 minute. From this page i go to another and
again about 1 minute of waiting. If i come back to first page quickly
and go to second page, so all pages are loading very quickly.
But if i wait about minute or more, and try to go back and then go to
second page, i get slow loading again.

HMLS> Resin has always been difficult to work with; some people
HMLS> get great results with it ... others can't
HMLS> get off the starting line.  I remember that their XML
HMLS> parser was broken at one time and caused a bit
HMLS> of grief.  Try Jetty ... I've always liked Jetty, it's
HMLS> easy to embed or use for testing and is quite
HMLS> fast.

HMLS> --
HMLS> Howard M. Lewis Ship
HMLS> Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components
HMLS> http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry
HMLS> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/hivemind/
HMLS> http://javatapestry.blogspot.com

HMLS> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
HMLS> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
HMLS> For additional commands, e-mail:
HMLS> tapestry-user-help@jakarta.apache.org

--
Best regards,
 Max                            mailto:darkit@mail.ru

RE: Tapestry and Resin

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net>.
Resin has always been difficult to work with; some people get great results with it ... others can't
get off the starting line.  I remember that their XML parser was broken at one time and caused a bit
of grief.  Try Jetty ... I've always liked Jetty, it's easy to embed or use for testing and is quite
fast.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship