Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Matthew Preston <mc...@mcpres.com> on 2004/09/06 13:03:31 UTC

Configuring as NT Service and Masquerading

Using James 2.2.0, WinXP, essentially a default config file (passwords and
domain names changed)

I've looked through the documentation and FAQ and cannot seem to find any
information that works for these two issues:

- Installed using wrapper.exe, but cannot get James to start as a service.
Runs fine from the command line.  Installed using:

(Copied wrapper.conf to bin directory)
Wrapper.exe -i run.bat

Error in the logs is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Main, but not sure what
needs to be changed to find the classes?

- Need to configure the remote mail delievery to masquerade as my isp for
outgoing mail delievery.  Don't see any options in the config file for this.
Is this possible to set up using James 2.2.0, or not support in this
version?

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matthew Preston
mcpres@mcpres.com

Air conditioning is most useful during the months that have no R in them.

Re: Configuring as NT Service and Masquerading

Posted by Орлянский Владимир <en...@rostov.proplex.ru>.
Matthew Preston wrote:

>Using James 2.2.0, WinXP, essentially a default config file (passwords and
>domain names changed)
>
>I've looked through the documentation and FAQ and cannot seem to find any
>information that works for these two issues:
>
>- Installed using wrapper.exe, but cannot get James to start as a service.
>Runs fine from the command line.  Installed using:
>
>(Copied wrapper.conf to bin directory)
>Wrapper.exe -i run.bat
>
>Error in the logs is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Main, but not sure what
>needs to be changed to find the classes?
>

>- Need to configure the remote mail delievery to masquerade as my isp for
>outgoing mail delievery.  Don't see any options in the config file for this.
>Is this possible to set up using James 2.2.0, or not support in this
>version?
>

>Thanks,
>Matt

Put this in james\bin
installJames.bat install service
wrapper.conf must be in james\conf\wrapper.conf

Enroi