Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Marcio E Miranda <Ma...@fastsearch.com> on 2006/04/28 16:57:52 UTC

Tree control component that would work inside a portlet and inside a web application (with My Faces)

Hi,

I'm looking for a tree component that would work in a regular web
application with My Faces (and be able to work with others component
sets) AND inside a portlet. The alternatives I've looked so far were:

Tomahawk's tree2: It seems it is dependent on the extensions filter, and
servlet filters are not supported by portlets. Do you know of any
workarounds?

Tobago's tree control: Have anyone tried this component inside a
portlet? Can I use Tobago's tree control in a page (in a web
application) with other standard components (I just want to use the
component , not the other Tobago features)?

ADF Faces tree control: It seemed to me that this is a quite proprietary
solution. Not sure if it would work with My Faces (having standard,
tomahawk and ADF components in the same page), or inside a portlet.

Does anyone know of additional tree controls, or even better, a tree
control known to work inside a portlet and in a web application with My
Faces?

Thanks

Marcio Miranda