Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by samiksha baskar <sa...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/31 18:02:44 UTC

Mesos task history after restart

I am using mesos for container orchestration and get task history from
mesos using */task* endpoint.

Mesos is running in a 7 nodes cluster and zookeeper is running in a 3 node
cluster. I hope, mesos uses Zookeeper to store the task History. We lost
history sometimes when we restart mesos. Does it store in memory? I am
trying to understand what is happening here.

My questions are,

   1. Where does it store task histories?
   2. How can we configure the task history cleanup policy?
   3. Why do we loose complete task history on restarting mesos?

Re: Mesos task history after restart

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@apache.org>.
Mesos doesn't store task information in ZooKeeper. It is stored in Mesos
master's memory and recovered from Mesos agents after a master restart /
leader election.

The task history can be controlled by `max_completed_frameworks`,
`max_completed_tasks_per_framework` master flags.

AFAICT, the completed frameworks/executors/tasks information is recovered
too from the agents after a master failover. Are you not seeing them after
a master failover? Which version are you running?