Posted to dev@juddi.apache.org by Adam Jack <aj...@trysybase.com> on 2003/07/18 09:04:31 UTC

[juddi-Developers] CVS repository

I tried setting up a gump to build the new jUDDI release, using the ant
build script you have (with the nicely documented dependencies & optional
dependencies :-) and I've created the descriptor & want to test it before
contributing it. [Yes, no centipede, just your ant script.]

Unfortunately CVS is in poor shape @ SF.net, they are maxed out. To attempt
to allow developers "ok" service, they've knobbled anonymous CVS access, the
drop such connections. Also, viewcvs is up to 24 hours out of date. They
intend to fix this situation in a month or so ( and I hope they do, it is a
royal pain) however it is the situation.

As such, the gump I use is configured to use my SF.net account, i.e.
arb_jack. Unfortunately your CVS repository disallows me to extract the
source code in order to build. I kinda feel that if this is true for
arb_jack, then it is also true for anonymous. Is this so?

I am no SF.net project owner/manager, so no expert, so I don't know if this
is something configurable or not. I also don't know if this is a conscious
decision or something that can be changed. Can anybody enlighten me/resolve
this situation?

regards

Adam
--