Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Sandro Boehme <sa...@gmx.de> on 2015/11/27 14:55:13 UTC

Sling API for copying a folder to sling_home and mounting it as a FS Resource

Hi,

on activation of the sitebuilder bundle I would like to copy a folder to
sling_home and mount it as a FS Resource.

It is used for example to contain the frontend packages (npm,
github,...) and as they can get updated at runtime the FS folder should
be mounted to the repo.

If there is no API for copying things to sling_home I would simply do
that on my own but whats a bit more important is, that I haven't found
an API for mounting a FS Resource. Of course I could send a post request
to the config manager like
'AbstractBundleInstallMojo().addConfiguration()' does. But my code
already runs in the same VM so this is too much overhead in my opinion.
It would be good to call the FileMonitor directly but it's in an
'internal' package which is marked private.
Is there an other API that I've missed?

Best,

Sandro

Re: Sling API for copying a folder to sling_home and mounting it as a FS Resource

Posted by Sandro Boehme <sa...@gmx.de>.
Thanks for the information Carsten!
Then I will to post for now and copy the files with own code.

Best,

Sandro

Posted by Sandro Boehme <sa...@gmx.de>.
Hi Carsten,

I just found out that there is an API for the OSGi Configuration Admin.
I only knew about the web console. This API is certainly the way to go,
thanks again for your hint!

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Hi Sandro,

--