Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by ravicv <ra...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/14 10:57:02 UTC

Solr Search Across Multiple Cores not working when quering on specific field

I have two Solr cores.
Core0 and core1

Both cores are having same schema and configuration.
after indexing both cores data is retried from both cores individually

http://localhost:8983/solr/core0/select?q=fieldName:%22United%22
http://localhost:8983/solr/core1/select?q=fieldName:%22United%22

*Searching on both cores*

This url is working
http://localhost:8983/solr/core0/select?shards=localhost:8983/solr/core0,localhost:8983/solr/core1&q=iPo*

but when i searched on a specific field than it is not working
http://localhost:8983/solr/core0/select?shards=localhost:8983/solr/core0,localhost:8983/solr/core1&q=mnemonic_value:"United"

Why distributed search is not working when i search on a particular field.?

Please help

Re: Solr Search Across Multiple Cores not working when quering on specific field

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
I suspect that the distributed searching is working just fine in both cases, but
your querying isn't doing what you expect due to differences in the analysis
chain. I'd recommend spending some time with the admin/analysis page
to see what is actually being parsed.

And be aware that wildcards from 3.5 and below do not go through any analysis,
so, for instance, iPo* will not match ipod since the case is different.

Furthermore, you may be going through a different query parser, attaching
&debugQuery=on would show you this.

Best
Erick

Posted by pravesh <su...@yahoo.com>.
>>but when i searched on a specific field than it is not working
>>http://localhost:8983/solr/core0/select?shards=localhost:8983/solr/core0,localhost:8983/solr/core1&
>>q=mnemonic_value:"United"

>>Why distributed search is not working when i search on a particular
field.?

Since you have multiple shard infra, do the cores share the same
configurations(schema.xml/solrconfig.xml etc.)?? What error/output you are
getting for sharded query?

Regards
Pravesh