Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Christophe Caron <ch...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/08 21:43:38 UTC

Interview request on SaaS NoSQL databases

Hi all,

I'm currently preparing my master's thesis in IT sciences at Itescia
school and UPMC university in France. This thesis focuses on NoSQL
Databases.

It is in this context that I would like ask you some questions in regards
of your knowledges and experience, about the SaaS NoSQL market.
Your answers will be inserted in my thesis to discuss the challenges of
these new databases.

I sincerely thank you for your time and wish you a good day.

Best Regards,
Christophe Caron

Interview \begin
----------------------
1/ Can you introduce yourself, describe your activity and your current work
subjects ?

2/ Who are the main leaders and main challengers on the current SaaS NoSQL
market ? What are their main strengths and weaknesses ?

3/ What do you think about data analytics systems that allows NoSQL, versus
traditional databases ?

4/ Amazon and others big players sell universal NoSQL solutions. Is there a
place for small players ? How small players can compete these leaders ? Can
you give us some examples ?

5/ What is your thought on the NoSQL threat to move Web 2.0 applications
away from traditional databases ? Is that NoSQL can replace all SQL
websites ?

6/ What decisions a small player need to take ? I mean, to differentiate
itself, should the small player need to focus on NoSQL optimisation
(Business Intelligence) or develop NoSQL applications (NoSQL with CMS,
java, mobiles applications..) ? Why ?

7/ Usually, small players will be absorbed by big ones. Some people believe
that a new big actor will take the leadership on NoSQL solutions, the same
way that you see the arrival of new “Big elephants” (aka Oracle). Do you
agree with that ? Why ?

8/ Many players come and go with this exponential activity around NoSQL.
How do you see the evolution of the NoSQL market and its position next to
the SQL market ?

9/ What conclusions do you do on the success of the SaaS model in a global
way ? In particular applied to the NoSQL area ?

10/ Finally, do you think that the NoSQL movement will be restricted to few
companies which need high scalability performance for some applications or
the NoSQL will be much more than that ?
Interview \end

Re: Interview request on SaaS NoSQL databases

Posted by julien Campan <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chistophe,

I noticed your email just now. Do you still need some feedback for your
thesis on NoSQL?

Cheers,
Julien