Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by "Jennifer Patricio (QA/EMC)" <je...@ericsson.com> on 2007/07/03 16:48:32 UTC

ECCN code and encryption algorithms

Hi,

Would you be able to tell if there is any encryption in Fulcrum Yaafi
1.0.5.  If so, what algorithms are used.

Best regards,

Jennifer

Re: ECCN code and encryption algorithms

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
Hi Jennifer,

the following link might help

http://turbine.apache.org/fulcrum/fulcrum-yaafi/cryptography.html

The code is found in the package org.apache.fulcrum.jce.crypto and uses
"PBEWithMD5AndDES" is implemented taken a preconfigured salt value. The
main purpose is to provide stream-based encryption/decryption of files.

This feature is used in customer deployments to encrypt the YAAFI role
configuration file since it would be tempting to replace a
LicenceManager with a dummy implementation ... :-)

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
Hi Jennifer,

I'm missed the significance of ECCN so this is a formal request

+) YAAFI does not add aby encryption/decryption on top of the installed JDK

+) out of the box "PBEWithMD5AndDES" is used which is weak encryption

+) the HexConverter stuff is taken from Markus Hahn's Blowfish
http://blowfishj.sourceforge.net/ but not any cryptography related code.

All of this leads me to question in what context are you interested in
this topic?