Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Branden Strickland <op...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/04 23:05:53 UTC

Category Setup

I hope to find you all in good spirits!

I have what might be a bit of a remedial question when it comes to
categories.  If there is online reading that I've missed, A link would be
wonderful.

My question:
Why is it necessary (one of the business production documents states the
word "need") to create 4 types of categories?
Browse Root
Top-level browse category
Promotions Category (this one I believe is slightly self explanatory.)
"all products" category

I'm rather confused.

Thanks!

Re: Category Setup

Posted by Branden Strickland <op...@gmail.com>.
another issue crossed off the "issue" list.

Jacques, as per the norm, you are my hero.

thanks again!

Re: Category Setup

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Branden Strickland" <op...@gmail.com>

Re: Category Setup

Posted by Branden Strickland <op...@gmail.com>.
HAH!  Jacques, that was the document I was reading, and (as always) in my
excitement to set up the catalog, I completely skipped over the ENTIRE
description and break down of the different types.

I have it working now.  Although I did have a question about products while
I have your attention!  You are after all, the POS maniac around these parts
;)

On the receipt part of the POS screen, my products aren't pulling they're
"ITEM" (the column right next to SKU).  Price comes out fine, SKU is great,
the transaction can be run, but the actual ITEM doesn't show up on the
receipt.  I have an internal name set, and a product name set on the back
end, and from looking at the .java files, it looks like it gets what it puts
on the receipt from Internal name?  regardless, I seem to have all available

Re: Category Setup

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "Branden Strickland" <op...@gmail.com>