Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by magicalo <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2011/12/01 17:47:54 UTC

20newsgroups example does not print verbose output

Hello,
I have ran the 20newsgroups example on my own data set. It runs successfully
and prints the summary output. However, I have enabled the verbose option in
the script when I run the testclassifier, but I don't see any verbose output.
I am interested in seeing exactly which data was misclassified. I am running the
command in hdfs mode. I was expecting this verbose output
be spilled on the command line, but I am not getting anything. I am also not
seeing any log file or other file on the hdfs that would have this comparison:

a       b       c       <--Classified as
89      11      0        |  100     a     = out
1       99      0        |  100     b     = in
0       0       0        |  0       c     = unknown

Based on the TestClassifier.java code, I should be seeing this printed somewhere:
log.info("Line Number: " + lineNum + " Line(30): "
+ (line.length() > 30 ? line.substring(0, 30) : line)
+ " Expected Label: " + correctLabel + " Classified Label: "
+ classifiedLabel.getLabel() + " Correct: " + correct);

The exact command that i am running is:
mahout testclassifier \
  -m ${WORK_DIR}/myproj-bydate/bayes-model \
  -d ${WORK_DIR}/myproj-bydate/bayes-test-input \
  -type bayes \
  -ng 1 \
  -source hdfs \
  -v \