Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Trevor Beuthel <tb...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/22 04:26:12 UTC

Chicago Airflow user meetup group

Hi there,

My name's Trevor Beuthel and I would like to start an airflow meetup group
in Chicago.

I work at a company called Vibes here in Chicago, and we just rolled out a
decent sized migration to airflow that took us a little under a year to
complete. We use many of the built in features of airflow and also created
many plugins to satisfy our needs.

I've been speaking at a few events with Snowflake, and there seems to be a
lot of interest in airflow out here. A handful of companies that I've
talked to are actually using it, many are experimenting with it, and much
more have heard of it and are interested.

Let me know if I have your blessing to create the group and the steps I
should take to do so.

Thanks,
Trevor

Re: Chicago Airflow user meetup group

Posted by Sid Anand <sa...@apache.org>.
The 4th one is not required. You are free to add anyone you wish as admins.
As a best practice, ensure there are enough admins to avoid a dead/unowned
meetup.

-s

Posted by Victor Noagbodji <vn...@amplify-nation.com>.

Posted by Sid Anand <sa...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vasyl Harasymiv <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Trevor,

Great idea! I saw you speaking at Snowflake event. We are using Airflow and
are ready to offer space
at ActiveCampaign in Chicago and arrange for live streaming (provided it is
not booked out for a specific
evening already) or join at your location (we are at 1 North Dearborn).

Mark/Conrad/Vasyl/Scott/Ben @AC