Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Leo Simons <ls...@jicarilla.org> on 2004/11/21 22:04:59 UTC

why are we not using unittest?

We have our own tiny unit testing framework:

	trunk/python/gump/test/pyunit.py

Why?

I think we ought to be using the 'unittest' module that comes with
python. That'll also enable us to use the testrunner.py I just checked
in courtesy of the Zope project, which really is a lot nicer than what
we have now...

I'm thinking we might modify the UnitTestSuite class we have to subclass
TestSuite then override TestSuite.runTests to redirect to
UnitTestSuite.performTests...

I Just don't want to break anything here...so lemme know if that would
cause a problem!

cheers!

LSD