Posted to user@ranger.apache.org by Aneela Saleem <an...@platalytics.com> on 2015/10/11 16:40:01 UTC

Issue while enabling hbase plugin

Hi!

I am trying to enable hbase plugin but getting following exception when i
start hbase

*2015-10-11 19:34:12,707 WARN  [ProcedureExecutorThread-0]
procedure.CreateTableProcedure: Failed rollback attempt
step=CREATE_TABLE_ADD_TO_META table=hbase:namespace*
*org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedWithDetailsException:
Failed 1 action: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.AccessDeniedException:
Insufficient permissions for user ‘root',action: delete,
tableName:hbase:meta, family:info, column:*
*        at
org.apache.ranger.authorization.hbase.RangerAuthorizationCoprocessor.requirePermission(RangerAuthorizationCoprocessor.java:538)*
*        at
org.apache.ranger.authorization.hbase.RangerAuthorizationCoprocessor.preDelete(RangerAuthorizationCoprocessor.java:766)*
*        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.RegionCoprocessorHost$33.call(RegionCoprocessorHost.java:958)*
*        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.RegionCoprocessorHost$RegionOperation.call(RegionCoprocessorHost.java:1673)*
*        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.RegionCoprocessorHost.execOperation(RegionCoprocessorHost.java:1748)*
*        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.RegionCoprocessorHost.execOperation(RegionCoprocessorHost.java:1705)*
*        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.RegionCoprocessorHost.preDelete(RegionCoprocessorHost.java:954)*

*Any suggestion for me?*

*thanks*

Re: Issue while enabling hbase plugin

Posted by Aneela Saleem <an...@platalytics.com>.
yes it was just because of permissions. I had to give full permissions on
hbase directory in hdfs to allow root and hbase user to perform necessary
operations on it.

Posted by Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>.

From:  Don Bosco Durai
Date:  Sunday, October 11, 2015 at 9:47 PM
To:  <us...@ranger.incubator.apache.org>
Subject:  Re: Issue while enabling hbase plugin

From:  Aneela Saleem
Date:  Sunday, October 11, 2015 at 9:44 PM
To:  <us...@ranger.incubator.apache.org>

Hi!
Same issue even after adding hbase.superuser property.

Failed 1 action: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.AccessDeniedException: Insufficient permissions for user ‘root',action: put, tableName:hbase:meta, family:info, column: regioninfo

From:  Aneela Saleem
Date:  Sunday, October 11, 2015 at 12:51 PM

To:  <us...@ranger.incubator.apache.org>

10/11/2015 11:35:12 PMhbasedevhbaseMaster@vmubuntu2-VirtualBox-hbasedev192.168.23.126200Policies synced to plugin
10/11/2015 11:34:12 PMhbasedevhbaseRegional@vmubuntu2-VirtualBox-hbasedev192.168.23.126200Policies synced to plugin

From:  Aneela Saleem
Date:  Sunday, October 11, 2015 at 12:32 PM

To:  <us...@ranger.incubator.apache.org>

Hi Bosco!

Audits show that it denying hbase user for writing into hadoop. audits are as follow

Service
Policy IDEvent TimeUserName / TypeResource NameAccess TypeResultAccess EnforcerClient IPEvent Count
--10/11/2015 11:11:26 PMhbasehadoopdev
hdfs
/READ_EXECUTEAllowedhadoop-acl127.0.0.11
--10/11/2015 11:05:11 PMhbasehadoopdev
hdfs
/hbase/.tmpWRITEDeniedhadoop-acl127.0.0.11
--10/11/2015 11:05:11 PMhbasehadoopdev
hdfs
/hbase/data/hbase/meta/.tabledesc/.tableinfo.0000000001READAllowedhadoop-acl127.0.0.11
--10/11/2015 11:05:11 PMhbasehadoopdev
hdfs
/hbase/data/hbase/meta/.tabledescREAD_EXECUTEAllowedhadoop-acl127.0.0.11

From:  Aneela Saleem
Date:  Sunday, October 11, 2015 at 11:18 AM
To:  <us...@ranger.incubator.apache.org>

Posted by Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>.

From:  Aneela Saleem
Date:  Sunday, October 11, 2015 at 12:51 PM

To:  <us...@ranger.incubator.apache.org>

Posted by Aneela Saleem <an...@platalytics.com>.
Hi!

Posted by Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>.

From:  Aneela Saleem
Date:  Sunday, October 11, 2015 at 12:51 PM

To:  <us...@ranger.incubator.apache.org>

Posted by Selvamohan Neethiraj <sn...@hortonworks.com>.
Can you try setting up hbase.superuser param in the hbase-site.xml to root and retry the hbase startup ?

Thanks,
Selva-

Sent from Outlook<http://aka.ms/Ox5hz3>

From: Aneela Saleem
Date: Sunday, October 11, 2015 at 12:51 PM

To: <us...@ranger.incubator.apache.org>>

From: Aneela Saleem
Date: Sunday, October 11, 2015 at 12:32 PM

To: <us...@ranger.incubator.apache.org>>

[...]

--      10/11/2015 11:05:10 PM  hbase
hadoopdev
hdfs
        /hbase/hbase.id<http://hbase.id>        READ    Allowed hadoop-acl      127.0.0.1       1

Posted by Aneela Saleem <an...@platalytics.com>.
Hi!
> [...]

>>> hadoopdev
>>> hdfs
>>> /hbase/.tmpWRITEDeniedhadoop-acl127.0.0.11--10/11/2015 11:05:11 PMhbase
>>> hadoopdev
>>> hdfs
>>> /hbase/data/hbase/meta/.tabledesc/.tableinfo.0000000001READAllowed
>>> hadoop-acl127.0.0.11--10/11/2015 11:05:11 PMhbase
>>> hadoopdev
>>> hdfs
>>> /hbase/data/hbase/meta/.tabledescREAD_EXECUTEAllowedhadoop-acl127.0.0.11
>>> --10/11/2015 11:05:11 PMhbase
>>> hadoopdev
>>> hdfs
>>> /hbase/data/hbase/meta/.tabledescREAD_EXECUTEAllowedhadoop-acl127.0.0.11
>>> --10/11/2015 11:05:10 PMhbase
>>> hadoopdev
>>> hdfs
>>> /hbase/hbase.idREADAllowedhadoop-acl127.0.0.11--10/11/2015 11:05:10 PM
>>> hadoopdev
>>> hdfs
>>> /hbase/hbase.versionREADAllowedhadoop-acl127.0.0.11--10/11/2015
>>> 11:00:53 PMhbase
>>> hadoopdev

From:  Aneela Saleem
Date:  Sunday, October 11, 2015 at 12:51 PM
To:  <us...@ranger.incubator.apache.org>

Posted by Aneela Saleem <an...@platalytics.com>.
Hi Bosco!

Posted by Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>.
This is also good. Did adding the policies in HDFS resolve your issue?

Thanks

Bosco

From:  Aneela Saleem
Date:  Sunday, October 11, 2015 at 12:41 PM