Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Hewitt, Christopher" <Ch...@tdsecurities.com> on 2005/05/20 18:22:49 UTC

ClassNotFound after deployment, but fine after tomcat restart

Hi,

I was hoping someone might be able to help with a funny problem I'm having...

(tomcat 5.0, java 1.4, axis 1.2 final, Solaris environment)

1) tomcat running
2) copy over new jar file to axis/WEB-INF/lib
3) deploy service
4) service doesn't work (classnotfound)
5) restart tomcat
6) service works fine

WSDL is being autogenerated for this service by the way.

I've played with various TC settings and can't seem to resolve this issue (i thought may it had to do with TC's autodeploy, deployOnStatup features, but no luck there).

Would anyone happen to have some suggestions on how to go about resolving this?

Thank you

Chris Hewitt
Email: christopher.hewitt@tdsecurities.com

Re: ClassNotFound after deployment, but fine after tomcat restart

Posted by Dan O'Neill <do...@gmail.com>.
I think that is just how tomcat works... everytime you add a file it has to
be restarted. I think it even has to be restarted when you change a file....

Dan

--
"I swear, the next bastard that kisses the ground in front of me is gonna
get