Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mattias Karlsvaerd <ma...@yahoo.se> on 2001/07/26 15:15:08 UTC

Problems with authentication

Hello!

I've have problems with getting the authorization to
work in tomcat 3.2.2 and Apache 1.3.19. I have tried
to the example comes with tomcat. I get the login
page, but when I've typed the username and password I
get the following error:
The requested URL
/examples/jsp/security/login/j_security_check was not
found on this server.

I've searched on the web and found out that other
people have had the same problem. Is there a solution
to this problem.
What I understand j_security_check, j_username and
j_password is some kind of implicit variables. Is
there any document where this specified.

I use linux Redhat 7.1 and IBM's java2 1.3
I would be thankful for any help

=====
/Mattias Karlsvärd

Re: Problems with authentication

Posted by Mattias Karlsvaerd <ma...@yahoo.se>.
Thanks! Now it work fine!

 --- Andrew Robson
<an...@netscapeonline.co.uk> wrote: > Hi,

=====

Posted by Andrew Robson <an...@netscapeonline.co.uk>.
Hi,

Posted by Mattias Karlsvaerd <ma...@yahoo.se>.

Posted by Joseph D Toussaint <jd...@cariboulake.com>.
It's my understanding that j_security_check, j_username and j_password
are all used with form based authentication (specified in th web.xml).
The idea is that you create a 'custom login screen' and name you user
field j_username and your password j_password.  Then the action for that
form is j_security_check.

Thats about the extent of my knowledge, for more information I'd look at
the Servlet 2.3 spec.  Thats where I found the stuff mentioned above.

hope it helps

joe

On 26 Jul 2001 15:15:08 +0200, Mattias Karlsvaerd wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I've have problems with getting the authorization to
> work in tomcat 3.2.2 and Apache 1.3.19. I have tried
> to the example comes with tomcat. I get the login
> page, but when I've typed the username and password I
> get the following error:
> The requested URL
> /examples/jsp/security/login/j_security_check was not
> found on this server.
>
> I've searched on the web and found out that other
> people have had the same problem. Is there a solution
> to this problem.
> What I understand j_security_check, j_username and
> j_password is some kind of implicit variables. Is
> there any document where this specified.
>
> I use linux Redhat 7.1 and IBM's java2 1.3
> I would be thankful for any help
>
> =====
> /Mattias Karlsvärd

# Joseph Toussaint           #