Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Rinaldo Digiorgio <rd...@pace.edu> on 2016/01/29 06:02:03 UTC

Unable to build 2.6 on OS X

I am trying to build 0.26 on OS/X  10.11.2 and failing in the configure step.
I think all the required libraries are installed

configure: error: cannot find libapr-1 headers
libapr-1 is required for mesos to build.
—————————————————————————————————

../configure  –-with-apr=/usr/local/Cellar/apr/1.5.2/libexec/
configure: error: invalid variable name: `–-with-apr’

configure —help shows the following so the option should be accepted

  --with-apr=[=DIR]       specify where to locate the apr-1 library

Rinaldo

Re: Unable to build 2.6 on OS X

Posted by Rinaldo Digiorgio <rd...@pace.edu>.
> On Jan 29, 2016, at 12:30 AM, Shuai Lin <li...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> A googling of "configure: error: invalid variable name" leads me to http://askubuntu.com/a/590679 <http://askubuntu.com/a/590679> . The reason: the first dash in your '--with-apr' is not correct typed.

Thanks that was it. I did a copy and paste I guess from a page that had a non printable. I checked the mesos page and it doesn’t have this issue.

Re: Unable to build 2.6 on OS X

Posted by Shuai Lin <li...@gmail.com>.
A googling of "configure: error: invalid variable name" leads me to
http://askubuntu.com/a/590679 . The reason: the first dash in your
'--with-apr' is not correct typed.

btw I would suggest similiar questsions go to dev list instead of user list.