Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Steve Higham <st...@sjlt.co.uk> on 2011/07/31 13:25:19 UTC

Problems with Geronimo 3.0 and Hibernate

I'm trying to port a web app using Hibernate from Geronimo 2.x to 3.0. I
have the 3.0 Geronimo build and the 3.0 GEP installed and everything's
working fine.

However my application needs to access the packages
org.apache.geronimo.gbean and org.apache.geronimo.kernel for the Transaction
Manager Lookup method required by Hibernate integration. This builds fine
when connected to a 2.x server but Eclipse is flagging a "Import . cannot be
resolved" error when the runtime is set to Geronimo 3.0. Which jar contains
these interfaces / classes?

Any help appreciated J

Steve

Steve Higham

Re: Problems with Geronimo 3.0 and Hibernate

Posted by Forrest Xia <fo...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 2:34 AM, steveh <st...@sjlt.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> Sorry I haven't been back to you. I've moved back to Geronimo 2.2.1 until
> 3.0 is more stable.
>
> I didn't get an exception. However Eclipse was flagging build errors which
> could not resolve. Once I reverted back to 2.2.1 my application built fine.
>
> I can revert back to 3.0 and reproduce this problem if you're interested.
> Otherwise I'll stick to G 2.2.1.

Hi Steve,

Do you have a chance to retry the latest released G 3.0-beta-1 with your
hibernate-integrated app, and feedback your results here? thanks in advance!

> Kind Regards,
>
> Steve

Thanks!

Regards, Forrest

Re: Problems with Geronimo 3.0 and Hibernate

Posted by steveh <st...@sjlt.co.uk>.
Hi Jeff,

Sorry I haven't been back to you. I've moved back to Geronimo 2.2.1 until
3.0 is more stable.

I didn't get an exception. However Eclipse was flagging build errors which I

Posted by chi runhua <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Steve,  can you share with us more details about the exception?  And one
change regarding artifact name is about client-transaction component,  in
3.0, the artifact name is org.apache.geronimo.configs/client-transaction
-1_6/3.0/client-transaction-1_6-3.0-SNAPSHOT.car

Jeff