Posted to builds@apache.org by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> on 2013/12/11 07:31:01 UTC

[Jenkins] [Apache Stratos] Git Version Check Error

Hi All,

I just setup a Jenkins job for Apache Stratos (incubating) nightly build in
builds.apache.org, but it seems like the following error is raised when the
build is triggered.

Really appreciate your thoughts on this.

Jenkins Job: Apache-Stratos-Nightly-Build

Started by user imesh <https://builds.apache.org/user/imesh>
Building remotely on windows2
<https://builds.apache.org/computer/windows2> in workspace
f:\jenkins\jenkins-slave\workspace\Apache-Stratos-Nightly-Build
Cloning the remote Git repository
Cloning repository https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-stratos.git
Error trying to determine the git version: Error performing command: --version
Assuming 1.6
ERROR: Error cloning remote repo
'origin'hudson.plugins.git.GitException
<http://stacktrace.jenkins-ci.org/search?query=hudson.plugins.git.GitException>:
Could not clone
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-stratos.git
	at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl$1.execute(CliGitAPIImpl.java:310)
<http://stacktrace.jenkins-ci.org/search/?query=org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl$1.execute&entity=method>
	at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.RemoteGitImpl$CommandInvocationHandler$1.call(RemoteGitImpl.java:151)
<http://stacktrace.jenkins-ci.org/search/?query=org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.RemoteGitImpl$CommandInvocationHandler$1.call&entity=method>
	at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.RemoteGitImpl$CommandInvocationHandler$1.call(RemoteGitImpl.java:144)
<http://stacktrace.jenkins-ci.org/search/?query=org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.RemoteGitImpl$CommandInvocationHandler$1.call&entity=method>
	at hudson.remoting.UserRequest.perform(UserRequest.java:118)
<http://stacktrace.jenkins-ci.org/search/?query=hudson.remoting.UserRequest.perform&entity=method>
	at hudson.remoting.UserRequest.perform(UserRequest.java:48)
<http://stacktrace.jenkins-ci.org/search/?query=hudson.remoting.UserRequest.perform&entity=method>
	at hudson.remoting.Request$2.run(Request.java:328)
<http://stacktrace.jenkins-ci.org/search/?query=hudson.remoting.Request$2.run&entity=method>
	at hudson.remoting.InterceptingExecutorService$1.call(InterceptingExecutorService.java:72)
<http://stacktrace.jenkins-ci.org/search/?query=hudson.remoting.InterceptingExecutorService$1.call&entity=method>
	at hudson.remoting.Engine$1$1.run(Engine.java:63)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: hudson.plugins.git.GitException: Error performing command:
clone -o origin
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-stratos.git
f:\jenkins\jenkins-slave\workspace\Apache-Stratos-Nightly-Build
	at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.launchCommandIn(CliGitAPIImpl.java:988)
	at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.launchCommandWithCredentials(CliGitAPIImpl.java:920)
	at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.access$400(CliGitAPIImpl.java:64)
	at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl$1.execute(CliGitAPIImpl.java:308)
	... 11 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "git":
CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
	at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(Unknown Source)
	at hudson.Proc$LocalProc.<init>(Proc.java:244)
	at hudson.Proc$LocalProc.<init>(Proc.java:216)
	at hudson.Launcher$LocalLauncher.launch(Launcher.java:773)
	at hudson.Launcher$ProcStarter.start(Launcher.java:353)
	at org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.launchCommandIn(CliGitAPIImpl.java:977)
	... 14 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, The system
cannot find the file specified
	at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
	at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(Unknown Source)
	... 20 more

Many Thanks

Imesh

Re: [Jenkins] [Apache Stratos] Git Version Check Error

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Thanks Dave & Erik for the information.
I set the restriction label to "ubuntu" and started another job but it
seems like nodes are little busy with other builds.

Many Thanks
Imesh

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [Jenkins] [Apache Stratos] Git Version Check Error

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.