Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Wellington Chevreuil <we...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/14 10:08:55 UTC

[DISCUSS] Considerations for a hbase-filesystem/hbase-oss alpha release

With proposal from HBASE-22149 committed into hbase-filesystem repo, and
with the extra changes proposed in HBASE-22386 and HBASE-22393, our
internal tests had shown satisfactory results. It seems functionally usable
under the caveat of setting it as the FS for Store Files only, with WALs
still on HDFS.

I would like to propose an alpha release for this module, so am starting
this discussion to hear/understand if we have a consensus this would be
valuable as a release. If so, what would be the base requirements/extra
work needed so that we could plan a backlog (Sean Busbey has shared some
initial thoughts on his PR comment
<https://github.com/apache/hbase-filesystem/pull/1#issuecomment-488665380>
).

Re: [DISCUSS] Considerations for a hbase-filesystem/hbase-oss alpha release

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.
The things I consider a blocker on alpha quality releases are all
fixed now. I've filed HBASE-22516 and Wellington has graciously
offered to drive what he can of the release. I'll help him out where
he runs into limitations due to not being a committer.