Posted to user@tika.apache.org by David Meikle <dm...@apache.org> on 2014/02/19 23:18:54 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Tika 1.5 Released

The Apache Tika project is pleased to announce the release of Apache Tika 1.5. The release contents have been pushed out to the main Apache release site and to the Maven Central sync, so the releases should be available as soon as the mirrors get the syncs.

Apache Tika is a toolkit for detecting and extracting metadata and structured text content from various documents using existing parser libraries.

Apache Tika 1.5 contains a number of improvements and bug fixes. Details can be found in the changes file:
http://www.apache.org/dist/tika/CHANGES-1.5.txt

Apache Tika is available in source form from the following download page:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/tika/apache-tika-1.5-src.zip

Apache Tika is also available in binary form or for use using Maven 2 from the Central Repository:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/tika/

In the initial 48 hours, the release may not be available on all mirrors. When downloading from a mirror site, please remember to verify the downloads using signatures found on the Apache site:
https://people.apache.org/keys/group/tika.asc

For more information on Apache Tika, visit the project home page:
http://tika.apache.org/

-- Dave Meikle, on behalf of the Apache Tika community

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Tika 1.5 Released

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
woot, here here!

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Chief Architect
Office: 171-283, Mailstop: 171-246
Email: chris.a.mattmann@nasa.gov
WWW:  http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
woot, here here!

Posted by Stefano Fornari <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 10:14 AM, Hong-Thai Nguyen
<Ho...@polyspot.com> wrote:
> I guess that users could maintain hotfixes basing on a released branch in attending next release.

Right, at least there's no harm in having the branch, so I just
created it in revision 1574919.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

RE: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Tika 1.5 Released

Posted by Hong-Thai Nguyen <Ho...@polyspot.com>.
I guess that users could maintain hotfixes basing on a released branch in attending next release.  We have already branches for old releases:
hong-thai.nguyen@HTN-PC /c/git/tika (trunk)
$ git branch -a
* trunk
  remotes/origin/0.1-incubating
  remotes/origin/0.10
  remotes/origin/0.2
  remotes/origin/0.3
  remotes/origin/0.4-rc1
  remotes/origin/0.4-rc2
  remotes/origin/0.5
  remotes/origin/0.6
  remotes/origin/0.7
  remotes/origin/0.8
  remotes/origin/0.9
  remotes/origin/0.x
  remotes/origin/1.2
  remotes/origin/1.3
  remotes/origin/1.4
  remotes/origin/HEAD -> origin/trunk
  remotes/origin/TIKA-204
  remotes/origin/trunk

Hong-Thai

> Anyone can create branch remotes/origin/1.5  on git ?

Do we need a 1.5 branch?

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Tika 1.5 Released

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Hong-Thai Nguyen <Ho...@polyspot.com>.
Hi,
Anyone can create branch remotes/origin/1.5  on git ?

Thanks

Hong-Thai