Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Leonard Sitongia <si...@ucar.edu> on 2003/04/30 22:28:00 UTC

Startup rewrites conf files

I've observed this curious phenomenon.  I don't see this described in the FAQ
or in the mailing list archive, so I'm wondering if it is a feature.

When I start up Jetspeed (under Tomcat), the /conf/ files are rewritten.  It
was overwriting changes that I'd made.  I see that if I make a change, start
Jetspeed, the file is overwritten.  If I make the change while it is running,
it notices the change, incorporates it, and then a subsequent restart will
create a new conf file that I changed, with my information in it, using a
format that it has generated (because it has more options in the definition
of the parameter I created).

Is this normal, or am I making changes incorrectly?

Thanks for your time and help.
--
==Leonard E. Sitongia
  Visualization and Enabling Technologies / Scientific Computing Division