Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Henrique Lemos <he...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/17 02:35:32 UTC

Problem with clusterdump in Reuters Example

Hi,
I'm a newbie at both Mahout and Hadoop environments, so I started to
run some predefined examples, such as cluster reuters.
Everything went well until I've tried to visualize the results with
clusterdump command. I've tried this:

mahout clusterdump -i /teste/reuters-kmeans/clusters-*-final -o
/teste/clusterdump -d
/teste/reuters-out-seqdir-sparse-kmeans/dictionary.file-0 -dt
sequencefile -b 100 -n 20 --evaluate -dm
org.apache.mahout.common.distance.CosineDistanceMeasure --pointsDir
/teste/reuters-kmeans/clusteredPoints

And, although I've changed the output directory to anything possible,
I always get this error:

Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Unable to create
parent directories of /teste/clusterdump
    at com.google.common.io.Files.createParentDirs(Files.java:645)
    at org.apache.mahout.utils.clustering.ClusterDumper.printClusters(ClusterDumper.java:186)
(...)

I dont think it has anything to do with hdfs permissions, since all
the previous steps (seq2sparse, kmeans, etc) went well and created
their desired directories.

I would appreciate any help or tip. And sorry if I'm sending this
email to the wrong mail-list.

Thanks,
Henrique