Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/13 16:47:33 UTC

Fwd: [REPORT] Apache Servicemix

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 16:46
Subject: [REPORT] Apache Servicemix
To: Apache Board <bo...@apache.org>

Project Status
some of our momentum now that major parts of the functionality are being
maintained in related projects like Apache Karaf and Apache Camel.

With the community objectives mentioned below, we want to ensure a new and
better focus for the Apache ServiceMix project.

Community
---------

* Jonathan Anstey has been voted in as a new committer.

Community Objectives
--------------------

Our current objective is to release ServiceMix 4.4.0: we improved the project
packaging to better meet common use cases and we also optimized our project
structure to allow for more frequent releases of ServiceMix 4.x in the future.
We keep on working on the documentation and website to ensure both new and
existing users are finding their way around the project more easily.

These changes will help us regain the momentum we need to work towards our
second community objective - our next major release, Apache ServiceMix 5.x,
planned for next year, will be where we start adding the necessary additional
features to ensure that the project keeps adding value on top of what Apache
Karaf and Apache Camel are offering.

Branding Status
---------------
- Project Naming And Descriptions : Compliant
- Website Navigation Links : Compliant
- Trademark Attributions : Non-compliant, will be compliant in new web site.
- Logos and Graphics : Current logo is not compliant, new logo will be
compliant
- Project Metadata : Compliant

Releases
--------