Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/21 10:58:46 UTC

Apache TinkerPop 3.4.4 Released: Avant-Gremlin Construction #3 for Theremin and Flowers

Apache TinkerPop 3.4.4 has just been released. While there were a number of
bug fixes and minor improvements, there were also two important new
features. First, we've extended GraphBinary support to Python. While we are
still looking to make performance improvements there, we at least have
fully functioning support for that serialization format now and we can
begin to gather user feedback.

The second new feature is the introduction of the elementMap() step which
provides a shortcut syntax for retrieving a graph elements properties and
graph structure. Here's an example:

gremlin> g.V().has('person','name','marko').elementMap()
==>[id:1,label:person,name:marko,age:29]
gremlin> g.E(11).elementMap()
==>[id:11,label:created,IN:[id:3,label:software],OUT:[id:4,label:person],weight:0.4]

You can see that elementMap() provides a much needed alternative to
valueMap() and project() for this specific use case. Perhaps, this is how
valueMap() should have worked from the start, but rather than try to change
its capabilities now we thought it best to simply add a new step.

The release artifacts can be found at this location:

https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/tinkerpop/3.4.4/apache-tinkerpop-gremlin-console-3.4.4-bin.zip
https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/tinkerpop/3.4.4/apache-tinkerpop-gremlin-server-3.4.4-bin.zip
https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/tinkerpop/3.4.4/apache-tinkerpop-3.4.4-src.zip

The online docs can be found here:

http://tinkerpop.apache.org/docs/3.4.4/reference/ (user docs)
http://tinkerpop.apache.org/docs/3.4.4/upgrade/#_tinkerpop_3_4_4 (upgrade
docs)
http://tinkerpop.apache.org/javadocs/3.4.4/core/ (core javadoc)
http://tinkerpop.apache.org/javadocs/3.4.4/full/ (full javadoc)

The release notes are available here:

https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/blob/3.4.4/CHANGELOG.asciidoc#release-3-4-4

The Central Maven repo has sync'd as well:

https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/tinkerpop/tinkerpop/3.4.4/

Python artifacts are available in pypi:

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/gremlinpython/3.4.4

.NET artifacts are available in NuGet:

https://www.nuget.org/packages/Gremlin.Net/3.4.4

Javascript artifacts are available in npm:

https://www.npmjs.com/package/gremlin/v/3.4.4

Docker images for Gremlin Console and Gremlin Server can be found on Docker
Hub:

https://hub.docker.com/u/tinkerpop/

[image: avant gremlin]