Posted to user@flink.apache.org by "harshit.varshney@iktara.ai" <Ha...@iktara.ai> on 2022/11/07 12:39:51 UTC

Load Distribution in specific Slot of Taskmanager in flink(version 1.15.2)

Dear Team,

I need some advice on setting up load distribution of flink tasks.

I have a flink task that processes transactions for users. Since load is
more than what can be handled on single machine, I want same task to be
executed on 3 machines.

I am trying to use parallelism feature of flink for same. I am able to get
flink Job manager to start same task on 3 machines. I want task on each
machine to handle 1/3 of total user transaction, kindly suggest what
mechanism to use so each task handles only data for their own 1/3 of users.

Thanks,

Harshit Varshney

Re: Load Distribution in specific Slot of Taskmanager in flink(version 1.15.2)

Posted by yidan zhao <hi...@gmail.com>.
If no data skew exists, you can set the job's parallelism any times of
the count of taskmanagers, and set `cluster.evenly-spread-out-slots`
to true in flink-conf.yaml of your flink cluster.

harshit.varshney@iktara.ai <Ha...@iktara.ai> 于2022年11月7日周一 20:41写道: