Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Zoran Avtarovski <zo...@sparecreative.com> on 2012/11/01 15:47:26 UTC

Multi dimension array from form

I have a two dimension array in my action:

Integer[][] dataArray with appropriate getter/setter.

In my form I use the following checkbox tag to pass the data from user to
action

                        <s:iterator var="attributeType" value="someList"
status="typeStat">
                            <s:iterator value="aDpendentList"
var="attribute" status="attStat">
                                <s:checkbox
name="dataArray[%{#typeStat.index}][%{#attStat.index}]"
label="%{#attribute.name}" fieldValue="%{#attribute.attributeId}"/>
                            </s:iterator>
                        </s:iterator>

The form renders correctly in that the checkboxes are named dataArray[0][1]
and so forth, but I can't the array form data into the array.

Is there something I'm missing? I thought this was possible.

I'd appreciate any help as the only other option I can see is to construct a
string with a the multi dimension data and then token and construct the
array in the action, which I'd rather not.

Z.

Re: Multi dimension array from form

Posted by Zoran Avtarovski <zo...@sparecreative.com>.
Thanks Jeffrey,

In the end I went with using a string representation of the array
'[firstIndex][secondIndex][value]' and then used a tokenizer to recreate
the array.

It was pretty straight forward in the end.

I don't know why but I thought I'd used multi dimensional arrays like that
in the past but when I went back to look at some past projects, we hadn't.

I think I was suffering a little delirium.

Z.

Posted by Jeffrey Black <je...@yahoo.com>.
Z,