Posted to log4cxx-dev@logging.apache.org by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org> on 2009/01/16 21:15:51 UTC

Re: log4cxx-0.10.0: Fix for 64 bit-only thread safety bug in ObjectPtrBase

On Jan 16, 2009, at 11:47 AM, Rhosyn wrote:

> The attach patch fixes a thread safety issue we found with
> ObjectPtrBase
> when we ported our application to a 64 bit platform.
>
> It will only work if you are using a version of apr with
> apr_atomic_xchgptr()
>

> Cheers

apr_atomic_xchgptr was added at our request just for this reason, but
last I checked it hadn't made it into a released version of APR, but
likely that has changed.  Would be good to change the configure script
to detect whether APR has apr_atomic_xchgptr (unless you have a better
way to detect it) and modify the code to use it if available.