Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> on 2004/06/09 14:42:12 UTC

Roll back Commons Validator dependancy ( was Struts 1.2.1 release plan)

I just found out I've been patching and testing the wrong branch of the Commons Validator component :(

Between this snafu and the issues with Struts Faces, perhaps the best thing would be to roll back the changes that create a dependence on Commons Validator 1.1.3.

Do we know if there are any dire issues with Commons Validator 1.1.2 that would scuttle a vote to make that a stable release?

-Ted.

Re: Roll back Commons Validator dependancy ( was Struts 1.2.1 release plan)

Posted by David Graham <gr...@yahoo.com>.
Actually, I don't think any Struts release has included a validator 1.1.x
build.  So we haven't given people a chance to remove references to
deprecated functionality that has been removed in the 1.2.x series.

You could either apply the patches to the branch or just release 1.1.3
from the branch without patches.

David

Posted by David Graham <gr...@yahoo.com>.