Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2005/12/16 21:44:38 UTC

Incubator Guidelines Documentation

Jean Anderson and Eddie O'Neil have volunteered to help redact our collected
wisdom into a coherent guide.  Cliff Schmidt will contribute on the legal/IP
side.  Henri Yandell has volunteered to review as a guinea pig.

Anyone who wishes to volunteer is welcomed.  We'll want to get input from
those who have gone through the process, those who are considering it, and
from other groups within the ASF, such as the PRC.

If there is sufficient interest, we can create a mailing list for managing
the process, else we can do it here.  Do we want a specific mailing list?

	--- Noel

Re: Incubator Guidelines Documentation

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

2005/12/18, David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>:

> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > Jean Anderson and Eddie O'Neil have volunteered to help redact our
> collected
> > wisdom into a coherent guide.  Cliff Schmidt will contribute on the
> legal/IP
> > side.  Henri Yandell has volunteered to review as a guinea pig.
> >
> > Anyone who wishes to volunteer is welcomed.  We'll want to get input
> from
> > those who have gone through the process, those who are considering it,
> and
> > from other groups within the ASF, such as the PRC.
> >
> > If there is sufficient interest, we can create a mailing list for
> managing
> > the process, else we can do it here.  Do we want a specific mailing
> list?
>
> Keep it here on general@ please. The discussion will assist
> everyone to know the process and help to refine it.

+1

I'd like to review it, too. :)

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
PGP Key ID: 0x854B996C

Re: Incubator Guidelines Documentation

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Jean Anderson and Eddie O'Neil have volunteered to help redact our collected
> wisdom into a coherent guide.  Cliff Schmidt will contribute on the legal/IP
> side.  Henri Yandell has volunteered to review as a guinea pig.
>
> Anyone who wishes to volunteer is welcomed.  We'll want to get input from
> those who have gone through the process, those who are considering it, and
> from other groups within the ASF, such as the PRC.
>
> If there is sufficient interest, we can create a mailing list for managing
> the process, else we can do it here.  Do we want a specific mailing list?

Keep it here on general@ please. The discussion will assist
everyone to know the process and help to refine it.

I will help whereevr i can manage.

-David

Re: Incubator Guidelines Documentation

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
--On December 16, 2005 3:23:10 PM -0700 Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
wrote:

> As someone who has been confused about some of the guidelines in the
> past I am interested in participating in this effort :) Not sure if
> I'll be able to help much except maybe by pointing out the confusing
> bits or reviewing your work. If that's not the kind of help you're
> looking for then feel free to ignore my response.

That's exactly the type of help that we need.  =)  -- justin

Re: Incubator Guidelines Documentation

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Jean Anderson and Eddie O'Neil have volunteered to help redact our collected
> wisdom into a coherent guide.  Cliff Schmidt will contribute on the legal/IP
> side.  Henri Yandell has volunteered to review as a guinea pig.
>
> Anyone who wishes to volunteer is welcomed.  We'll want to get input from
> those who have gone through the process, those who are considering it, and
> from other groups within the ASF, such as the PRC.

As someone who has been confused about some of the guidelines in the
past I am interested in participating in this effort :) Not sure if
I'll be able to help much except maybe by pointing out the confusing
bits or reviewing your work. If that's not the kind of help you're
looking for then feel free to ignore my response.

> If there is sufficient interest, we can create a mailing list for managing
> the process, else we can do it here.  Do we want a specific mailing list?

OTOH, if the majority of us are interested it might make sense to
simply have the discussion here. Either would work for me.

Martin

Re: Incubator Guidelines Documentation

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
Count me in.

-dain

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
--On December 16, 2005 3:44:38 PM -0500 "Noel J. Bergman"

Heck no.  *Please* keep it on general@incubator.  -- justin