Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Gregg Morris <gr...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/20 18:24:34 UTC

XWPFTableCell needs access to OOXML classes

Hello--

My project creates XWPFTable objects and inserts them into a document (a
docx file). In order to control the table cell vertical alignment, I need
to use the following classes:

org.openxmlformats.schemas.wordprocessingml.x2006.main.CTShd
org.openxmlformats.schemas.wordprocessingml.x2006.main.CTVerticalJc
org.openxmlformats.schemas.wordprocessingml.x2006.main.STShd
org.openxmlformats.schemas.wordprocessingml.x2006.main.STVerticalJc

These are not defined in poi-ooxml-schemas-3.8-beta5.jar. I can make my
code work by swapping ooxml-schemas-1.1.jar for poi-ooxml-schemas.jar, but
that seems a bit like cheating. Can I add the required classes to
poi-ooxml-schemas? If so, how? It's not obvious to me from looking at the
code.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Gregg

Re: XWPFTableCell needs access to OOXML classes

Posted by Gregg Morris <gr...@gmail.com>.
OK, thanks. I spent some time with the build.xml file, trying the various
targets related to the ooxml files. It looks like I've successfully
generated a poi-ooxml-schemas.jar file with the additional classes I need.
Once I've got a little confidence that it's working, I'll submit a bug for
the missing classes, then submit a patch.

Gregg

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.

Posted by Gregg Morris <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.