Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by ro...@yahoo.com on 2002/07/13 15:14:47 UTC

HSSFSerializer

hi,

just one short question.

i want to use the HSSFSerializer which if i have understood
correctly serializes an gnumeric (xml) - document into
a excel-file.

the problem is that i solely want to use this class without
all the other cocoon-stuff. is that possible?

i couldnt find any place in the sources where this class
is being instatiated and the used. can anybode
send me a sample?

tia

ciao robertj
Robert Kuzelj
Gaissacherstrasse 7           email: robert_kuzelj@yahoo.com
81371 Muenchen                tel:   0177/5302230

the trinity of desirables of (software) architecture:
Firmitas, Utilitas, Venustas (marcus vitruvius 20 BC)
strength, utility, beauty

Re: HSSFSerializer

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
<snip/>

I think it is.  I've never tried it.  If someone will explain what they
did, I shall update the docs.
Look at org.apache.cocoon.serialization.HSSFSerializer - it mostly just
conforms to various SAX
interfaces.

-Andy

>the problem is that i solely want to use this class without
>all the other cocoon-stuff. is that possible?
>
>i couldnt find any place in the sources where this class
>is being instatiated and the used. can anybode
>send me a sample?
>
>tia
>
>ciao robertj
>Robert Kuzelj
>Gaissacherstrasse 7           email: robert_kuzelj@yahoo.com
>81371 Muenchen                tel:   0177/5302230

^^^^ - cool I've been near there I think.

>the trinity of desirables of (software) architecture:
>Firmitas, Utilitas, Venustas (marcus vitruvius 20 BC)
>strength, utility, beauty

Re: HSSFSerializer

Posted by ro...@yahoo.com.
hi sven,

thanks. thou i havent had a closer look
on it. i'll try it right tomorrow and tell
you how it worked out.

Re: HSSFSerializer

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
Yes...note HSSF logging decreases performance by at least 100x

Re: HSSFSerializer

Posted by Sven Kuenzler <sv...@imost.de>.
robert_kuzelj@yahoo.com schrieb:

 >> [Gnumeric->Excel]
> i tried it. works very well. thanks.
> just one more question: how can i deactivate
> the log-msgs?

Replace Priority.DEBUG with something like Priority.ERROR or .FATAL(?).
Have a look at LogKits JavaDoc to learn about the "log levels"
available. Maybe there's also a "null logger" which turns logging off
completely.

	Sven

Re: HSSFSerializer

Posted by ro...@yahoo.com.

Re: HSSFSerializer

Posted by Sven Kuenzler <sv...@imost.de>.
Sven Kuenzler schrieb:

> robert_kuzelj@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>> i want to use the HSSFSerializer which if i have understood
>> correctly serializes an gnumeric (xml) - document into
>> a excel-file.
>>
>> the problem is that i solely want to use this class without
>> all the other cocoon-stuff. is that possible?
>

> I have done this. If you can wait until tuesday, I could post a code
> snippet. Otherwise, search the dev-list for the "away mission" thread ;-)

I have uploaded

http://www.tzi.de/~svenk/poimorpher.zip

The project structure was ripped of an old project of mine, so it may
need some adjustments.

Normally, "build test" should generate a poimorpher.jar and  two test
Excel files in a "work" directory. If so, have a look at
morphos.poi.test.HSSF to learn how this can be deployed in your app.

This package was done to prepare migration of the Gnumeric2Excel stuff
into a Jakarta commons project. As it stands, I only stripped off the
Cocoon interfaces and removed some of the Avalon contracts (which mostly
weren't executed anyway).

Let me know if this works for you.

	Sven

Re: HSSFSerializer

Posted by ro...@yahoo.com.
hi sven,

> I have done this. If you can wait until tuesday, I could post a code
> snippet. Otherwise, search the dev-list for the "away mission" thread ;-)
i looked for that thread but it was not very enlightning since
i dont have any expirience with cocoon.

so i'll have to wait till tuesday <sigh>

Re: HSSFSerializer

Posted by Sven Kuenzler <sv...@imost.de>.