Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2008/02/25 05:30:33 UTC

test failures on trunk after commons-io upgrade

Hi Joakim,

James pointed out trunk wasn't building and it seems that the upgrade
of commons-io was the cause. I can't just roll that back as there are
now other dependencies on the new API.

Can you find out what's up?

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org

Re: test failures on trunk after commons-io upgrade

Posted by Joakim Erdfelt <jo...@erdfelt.com>.
I found the problem.
A behavior change in FileUtils.writeStringToFile() for the default
configuration creation step in conjunction with multiple test executions
without running clean seems to trigger the problem in archiva-configuration.

Continuum would never have triggered this issue as it runs "mvn clean
test" which would have eliminated one part of the issue.
And running in Windows wouldn't have triggered the issue, as the
directory "*invalid:path*" couldn't be created (as it is intended).

It should be fixed in trunk now.

- Joakim