Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Andreas Weibel <an...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/13 15:07:11 UTC

SMTP Settings

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with the mail configuration of archiva (archiva1.0.2 on
a tomcat 6.0.16 with mail-1.4.jar). I'm constantly getting a
could-not-connect exception. I counter-checked the settings several times.
And there shouldn't be a problem with a firewall - continuum runs on the
same server with exactely the same settings.

Any hints what might go wrong?

Best,
andreas

---- context.xml ------------------------

 <Resource name="mail/Session" auth="Container"
            type="javax.mail.Session"
            mail.smtp.host="smtp.mycompany.ch"
            mail.smtp.auth="false"
            mail.smtp.debug="true" />

---- Failure Trace ---------------------

2008-06-13 14:42:43,120 [http-8080-1] ERROR
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.mail.Mailer:default  - Unable to send
message, subject [Welcome to Maven Archiva]
org.codehaus.plexus.mailsender.MailSenderException: Error while sending the
message.
    at
org.codehaus.plexus.mailsender.javamail.AbstractJavamailMailSender.send(AbstractJavamailMailSender.java:224)
    at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.mail.Mailer.sendMessage(Mailer.java:145)
    at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.mail.Mailer.sendAccountValidationEmail(Mailer.java:70)
    at
org.codehaus.plexus.redback.xwork.action.RegisterAction.register(RegisterAction.java:166)
    at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invokeAction(DefaultActionInvocation.java:358)
    [...]
Caused by: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host:
smtp.mycompany.ch, port: 25;
  nested exception is:
    at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.openServer(SMTPTransport.java:1282)
    at
com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.protocolConnect(SMTPTransport.java:370)
    at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:275)
    at
org.codehaus.plexus.mailsender.javamail.AbstractJavamailMailSender.send(AbstractJavamailMailSender.java:210)
    ... 72 more
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
    at com.sun.mail.util.SocketFetcher.createSocket(SocketFetcher.java:232)
    at com.sun.mail.util.SocketFetcher.getSocket(SocketFetcher.java:189)
    at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.openServer(SMTPTransport.java:1250)
    ... 75 more

Re: SMTP Settings

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.
:)