Posted to user@hive.apache.org by yo...@wipro.com on 2012/07/17 14:36:46 UTC

not able to access Hive web Interface

Hi all :-),

Iam trying to access Hive Web Interface but it fails.

I have this changes in hive-site.xml

<configuration>
    <property>
        <name>hive.hwi.listen.host</name>
        <value>0.0.0.0</value>
        <description>This is the host address the Hive Web Interface will listen on</description>
    </property>

    <property>
        <name>hive.hwi.listen.port</name>
        <value>9999</value>
        <description>This is the port the Hive Web Interface will listen on</description>
    </property>

    <property>
        <name>hive.hwi.war.file</name>
        <value>/HADOOP/hive/lib/hive-hwi-0.8.1.war</value> /*  (Here is the hive directory) */
        <description>This is the WAR file with the jsp content for Hive Web Interface</description>
    </property>

</configuration>

And also export the ANT lib like.

export ANT_LIB=/Yogesh/ant-1.8.4/lib
export PATH=$PATH:$ANT_LIB

now when i do run command

hive --service hwi  it results

12/07/17 18:03:02 INFO hwi.HWIServer: HWI is starting up
12/07/17 18:03:02 WARN conf.HiveConf: DEPRECATED: Ignoring hive-default.xml found on the CLASSPATH at /HADOOP/hive/conf/hive-default.xml
12/07/17 18:03:02 FATAL hwi.HWIServer: HWI WAR file not found at /HADOOP/hive/lib/hive-hwi-0.8.1.war

and if I go for

hive --service hwi --help it results

Usage ANT_LIB=XXXX hive --service hwi

Althought if I go to /HADOOP/hive/lib directory I found

1) hive-hwi-0.8.1.war
2) hive-hwi-0.8.1.jar

these files are present there.

what is Iam doing wrong :-( ?

Please help and Suggest

Greetings
Yogesh Kumar

www.wipro.com

RE: not able to access Hive web Interface

Posted by yo...@wipro.com.
Thanks Kulkarni,

I uploaded the hole hive directory and created path like.

Hadoop dfs -mkdir /HADOOP/
Hadoop dfs -put /HADOOP/hive /HADOOP/

and also tried

hive> SET fs.default.name='/HADOOP/hive/lib/'

but still the same.

FATAL hwi.HWIServer: HWI WAR file not found at /HADOOP/hive/lib/hive-hwi-0.8.1.war

Please suggest,

Regards
Yogesh Kumar

________________________________
Posted by "kulkarni.swarnim@gmail.com" <ku...@gmail.com>.
The problem is that it is probably looking for these files in HDFS instead
of your local file system. As a workaround, try creating that path on HDFS
and uploading these files there and see if it works. Also, try setting the
fs.default.name property in conf-site.xml to point to your local filesystem
instead of HDFS (file://.....).

PS: You can also directly do this from the hive command line itself.

hive> SET fs.default.name='file://`pwd`

--
Swarnim