Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by "Thomas, Bobby P" <bo...@lmco.com> on 2002/09/12 16:07:24 UTC

JSP compile error

I would really appreciate if anyone could help me with an error while the
JSP engine tries to compile my JSP. I am using iPlanet WebServer which
utilizes jakarta's Jasper JSP Enginer.

My JSP:
<%@ taglib prefix="util" uri="/../web-inf/util.tld"%>
<util:prop prps="lookmeup" key="language" scope="application"
var="language"/>  (line 17)

I get the error :
JSP: JSP1x compiler threw exception
org.apache.jasper.compiler.CompileException:
C:\iPlanet\Servers\bin\https\webapps\phonebook-app\search.jsp(17,0) Unable
to load class null at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagBeginGenerator.init(TagBeginGenerator.java:128
) .

What could be a possible reason for the error and how can I fix it? Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Bobby

Re: JSP compile error

Posted by Shawn Bayern <ba...@essentially.net>.
On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Thomas, Bobby P wrote:

> I would really appreciate if anyone could help me with an error while the
> JSP engine tries to compile my JSP. I am using iPlanet WebServer which
> utilizes jakarta's Jasper JSP Enginer.
>
> My JSP:
> <%@ taglib prefix="util" uri="/../web-inf/util.tld"%>
> <util:prop prps="lookmeup" key="language" scope="application"
> var="language"/>  (line 17)
>
> I get the error :
> JSP: JSP1x compiler threw exception
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.CompileException:
> C:\iPlanet\Servers\bin\https\webapps\phonebook-app\search.jsp(17,0) Unable
> to load class null at
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagBeginGenerator.init(TagBeginGenerator.java:128
> ) .
>
> What could be a possible reason for the error and how can I fix it? Any help
> would be greatly appreciated.

It's likely to be an error in your TLD.  Could you display the entry for
the <prop> tag in util.tld?  I'm not an iPlanet user, but off the top of
my head, a few things to look out for include a packageless class as your
<tagclass> or some other irregularity related to that mapping.

--
Shawn Bayern