Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Hoffman, Chase" <Ho...@advisory.com> on 2012/02/08 21:13:00 UTC

Index Start Question

Please forgive me if this is a dumb question.  I've never dealt with SOLR before, and I'm being asked to determine from the logs when a SOLR index is kicked off (it is a Windows server).  The TOMCAT service runs continually, so no love there.  In parsing the logs, I think "org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader <init>" is the indicator, since "org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore execute" seems to occur even when I know an index has not been started.

Any advice you could give me would be wonderful.

Best,

--Chase

Chase Hoffman
Infrastructure Systems Administrator, Performance Technologies
The Advisory Board Company
512-681-2190 direct | 512-609-1150 fax
hoffmanc@advisory.com<ma...@advisory.com> | www.advisory.com<http://www.advisory.com>

Don't miss out-log in now
Unlock thousands of members-only tools, events, best practices, and more at www.advisory.com.
Get started<http://www.advisory.com/reasons-to-log-in-now/?WT.mc_id=eMail|SignatureLine|Other|ABC|Login+8+Reasons|Nov212011>

RE: Index Start Question

Posted by "Hoffman, Chase" <Ho...@advisory.com>.
Erick,

Thanks for the suggestion. I think we're going to go that route.

Best,

--Chase

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Hmmm. You say: